The Graphic Design Specialist is part of our laser engraving team involved in the visualization, modification and production of decorative designs and textured patterns in a manufacturing setting. This individual will design, create and modify graphics to conform to customer needs and specifications. They will work intently with Adobe Photoshop, computer-aided equipment, and 3D rendering tools. As a core member of the graphics department, this position requires constant communication with our sales force, engineers, engravers, and customers while providing fresh techniques and ideas from the engraving industry.
- Generate decorative and/or textured effects, patterns and concepts, based on customer requirements, using Adobe Photoshop and other design software and tools.
- Modify and/or refine existing designs to conform with customer specifications or changes in design trend or market influences.
- Evaluate visual appearance and characteristics of technical graphics to ensure quality and conformity to customer requirements.
- Identify and provide need graphic manipulation to achieve desired effect or look.
- Confer with engineering, sales, and customers to establish and suggest design concepts
- Plan, prioritize and manage time based on in-house production and engraving schedules.
- Present design concepts to customers for as part of sales process.
- Maintain archive of images, patterns and designs of previous projects and products.
- Remain abreast of advances in laser engraving industry as well as new products and
technologies being introduced to the market.
Knowledge & Skills
- Design – Critical eye for detail and flair for graphic concepts, and a technical knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production.
- Technology – Extensive background and understanding of Adobe Photoshop, familiarity and command of graphic design software, computer-aided programs and 3D rendering tools.
- Communication – Active listener and communicator through comprehensive reading and writing skills.
- Customer Service – Ability to recognize customer needs and objectives, meet quality standards and expectations and evaluate satisfaction.
- Critical Thinking – Usage of logic and reasoning to analyzing customer’s needs, product requirements, and design.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, design programs and graphics tools & equipment.
- Creative, technical and an innovative approach to visualizing, designing and developing ideas.
- Effective oral, written and communication skills with coworkers as well as clients and customers.
- Exceptionally skilled at organizing, planning and prioritization in manufacturing atmosphere.
- Display principles of customer service, problem sensitivity, interpersonal/relationship management and effective follow-through.
- Critical thinker, problem solver and skilled with mathematics.
- Interests in the machinery and technical process of engraving.
- Ability to adapt to change and be flexible professional environment.
Five plus years experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator as well as design based programs, software, tools and equipment. Knowledge of Moray POV and Inventor/AutoCAD is a plus. Working history in field of design, print production/prepress or other customer driven graphics. Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or Printing Technology preferred. Must have professional exposure to creative thinking process, developmental design, and technical concepts. Trained to deliver exceptional quality and customer service.
We offer a competitive salary with incentives for success. The job opening is immediate.