The Mechanical Engineering Tech is responsible for mechanical design of system components, standard and custom machine design. This includes responsibility for master layout and all aspects of the mechanical design, working with and coordinating with other mechanical engineers on project, controls engineers and sales to make sure the design meets performance, budget, and timeline requirements.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for mechanical design of web processing machinery, process rolls and systems from concept through acceptance testing.
- Master layout and all aspects of the mechanical components, coordinating with other mechanical engineers, controls engineers and sales to make sure the design meets performance, budget, and timeline requirements.
- Cooperate closely with all other departments (Controls, Purchasing, Fabrication, Applications, and Service).>
- Help generate technical concepts, layouts, technical calculations and cost calculations.
- Makes customer site visits as necessary to help solve field issues.
- Travel up to 10% may be required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Special consideration given to candidates with experience in working with heavy continuous web processing machinery including hydraulic systems, AC motors and drives, bearing and component selection, OSHA safety standards, principles of metallurgy, surface finish and hardness standards, deflection analysis, wear coatings as well as gear design guidelines.
Education/ Experience & Qualification:
Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology, Manufacturing Engineering or related field.
Demonstrated skill in machine design using Inventor or equivalent 3D modeling software.
Travel up to 10% may be required.
Excellent communication skills with high awareness of client needs and satisfaction